im afriad of 0%

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FirstTimer, Dec 16, 2009.

1. FirstTimer

FirstTimer Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2009
    so... this was supposed to my first hatch and while i was adding water i had a knife on a surface above it and it had fell on three of the eggs and cracked the shell.. so i dicided to take them out and check to see what was in them. nothing.. i bealive it was day 11-13 lost count.. and there was a blood ring in 1 of them the other 2 was just yolks... so i dont think my batch is good =[....

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry. Sometimes these things just happen. I've been there done that just don't give up trying.
    Nancy

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    candle the rest, so you will know if you need to chuck them and start over, rather than wasting another 10 days...

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I never candle, for the sheer reason of not wanting to throw a live chick away. ( I candle, but just for fun, so I don't candle; you get it)

Wait it out, and if it doesn't work this time, try again soon!

5. Painted Spirit

Painted Spirit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    If one of the eggs had a blood ring it means it was fertile and developing - it means it is possible you've got embyos in your other eggs, but yes, I'd candle to see what was going on. I had some eggs I didn't candle and one went bad on me. Luckily I caught it as it started to seep goo and saved the incubator from it exploding. I'll always candle all my eggs at least on day 14 to see which ones are duds and need to be tossed before they ruin the whole batch....

6. FirstTimer

FirstTimer Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2009
    well they are supposed to hatch tomorrow and im seeing the same thing i saw on day 10 =[.. i will be trying again either late jan. or mid-march

7. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    I'm so sorry, I know the feeling. My last two batches were complete duds. But as luck would have it I just filled my incubator last night to full capacity [​IMG] I have hopes for these.
    Don't give up. You may want to try some local eggs so they don't have to go through shipping and the chance of getting to cold during shipping. It will also give you the experience so you will be more comfortable with it.

8. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I'm at 0% too. Tried to hatch call duck eggs in a staggered hatch. 1st half 0 second was due to hatch last Friday......so far nothing.

9. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Keep your head up, it can get frustrating sometimes, but try again! We've all been there [​IMG]

10. cook_kaka_ook

cook_kaka_ook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2009
    You've lost count of the number of days. So you're not 100% that it has been 21 days. Don't loose hope hang in there. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by