I'm another newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Just My Cluck, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Just My Cluck

Just My Cluck New Egg

Apr 10, 2011
    My husband, of 37 years, and I live on 4 acres in California's Cowboy Capitol. We have two adult children, both have their Masters in Education and teach at local schools. As a young girl, my Dad raised Game Chickens. So, chickens aren't totally foreign to me, but it has been many years since having any. I talked my husband into getting a few chicks and here we are...I wanted them for no reason other than they amuse me. They are funny creatures! We will love having the eggs too...I currently have 30 chicks of various breeds. They were hatched approximately Feb. 25, 2011. My nest is no longer empty!! I have Buff Orpingtons, Partridge Rocks, New Hampshire Reds, Delawares, Silver Penciled Rocks, Golden Sexlinks and a Black Cochin Rooster (he was FREE, what a DEAL!). I learned about this wonderful website while standing over the chick tub at our local Tractor Supply admiring the new babies. I asked one of the other ladies how long I needed to feed my chicks the "Chick Starter" and she mentioned this website and told me it was very informative. We also have 4 dogs and 4 cats. As a school bus driver, I occasionally run across (not literally) a stray worth taking home.

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You picked a nice collection. Good luck. [​IMG]

3. DadandJoJo

DadandJoJo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    [​IMG] from southern mn

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Hi, from Minnesota.

6. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    [​IMG] Wow 30 chicks to start with! You go! My numbers are at about that since I got hooked on hatching eggs [​IMG] While admiring those cute chicks at Tractor Supply, did any come home with you ?

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

9. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps