1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm at a total loss!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jjdward, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Awhile back a friend of mine who is a photographer got three little chicks from TSC. They were listed as pullets but no breed. I was pretty sure they were white leghorns.
    The only pic I have is kinda old but its all I have. Now they are laying so I know they are pullets but........ they lay brown eggs!!! Now I've had chickens about 5 years and I know I'm not expert but the only white chickens I know of that lay brown eggs is a White Rock. I have had barred rocks but the body of these hens don't look like the rocks I've had in the past. Now I'm sure there are others but I just don't know what they are. So I guess my question is what white, single comb chickens lay brown eggs other that white rocks?

[​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Tetra Tint is one of TSC favorites! Check 'em out.
    Also, those barred chickens in the picture are Dominiques.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  3. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Oh yeah, I knew those were dominickers( as we say) lol

I looked up that breed and that sounds like a match!!! And like Leghorns, they lay early too!!!

4. rsarns

rsarns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    could they be Rhode Island Whites?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by