I'm definitely addicted (long)

Quote:
miniature cows? ive never heard of such a thing!

oh man. DH is going to looooove you for mentioning this!
big_smile.png

Having poultry is very addicting as well as hatching.I have over 100 chickens,which includes purebreds as well as mutts of the chicken world,5 quail,4 adult guineas,5 baby guineas,7 ducks,one minature horse,thinking about getting a pygmy goat kid

Quote:
i have been wanting some alpacas for quite a few years! but they can be expensive to buy! i saw one online for $ 6,000.00
hit.gif

my husband thinks it is a crazy idea because they will probably spit on you anyway and he doesn't go for the goat idea either! :thun

Quote:
Their are a few Alpaca farms around here that are selling pet quality Alpaca geldings for about $500-$700....maybe you can get a couple of them? I know I shocked when I saw the prices of female Alpacas, some were as much as $15,000!!!
th.gif

Quote:
Their are a few Alpaca farms around here that are selling pet quality Alpaca geldings for about $500-$700....maybe you can get a couple of them? I know I shocked when I saw the prices of female Alpacas, some were as much as $15,000!!!
th.gif

that is not as bad $ 500 but my husband wants horses worse! i want horses too. all these animals are addicting! if i had to work i would have to get up at 2 am or 3 am to feed all the animals. how do yall do it and work and care for a family???

Quote:
I guess I just got lots of practice when I worked on a dairy as a teen.
smile.png
Once you get in the rhythm of things, it really won't take that long to feed up everyone.

Before my daughter was born I had horses, goats, chickens and raised a steer every year, plus all my indoor pets, chinchillas, lizards, rats, cats a dog and bunnies. At first it was difficult, but once you get the swing of things, it's easy. The hard part is finding time to play with everyone. I had to let a lot of my pets go after my daughter was born, I got the mommy blues really bad and wasn't taking good care of them. Wasn't fair for them or myself.
sad.png

Anyway now that my daughter is getting older I'm getting strong urges to get back into it again. Already got the goats and I never gave up my chickens, but I really want horse again, I really miss having them!

yes your are right. i usually get distracted by my youngest two, one is 2 1/2 and the other will be 1 in Aug. so it is hard to just get out there and get it done at times. but i am working on it
tongue.png
but i don't have nearly the amount of animals as some people do here!

Last edited:
I had to wait tilll my kids were old enough and put the bug in thier ear that they would like to have chickens. Once we had some, more and a bunch of guinneas was easy.
roll.png

if i had to work i would have to get up at 2 am or 3 am to feed all the animals. how do yall do it and work and care for a family???

I work full time and I have an hour drive each way to and from. I don't have kids (yet!), so that's one less distraction. I built my coop right at the top of my U-shape driveway, so every morning when I leave for work, I stop at the coop and open the chickens door out to the run. I do all my feeding for both the pigs and the chickens when I get home in the evening, and let the chickens out to free range. The chickens' food and water only needs to be filled every 4 days right now. Sometimes DF checks on the pigs for me in the mornings too before he goes to work (he works the afternoon shift most days).​

Back
Top Bottom