I'm depressed!!!! **edit to add pictures

what a great run. do i see a shed beside it?

you can use a dog house to start with. use 5 gallon buckets for nesting boxes, if you can't build one yourself. wow, you need to just let your imagination run wild. the chickens will love it at your place.

thanks those runs are awesome! Hubby built them over 2 years ago two combined they are 20 x 24

and my chickens free range during the day

MomtoSyd&Emma :

OMG I would give my eye teeth for a nice big pretty run like that! Have you thought about just using old wooden dog houses for coops? That has worked for us for over a year now, We are now gutting and redoing a small camper to use as our coop, and would just LOVE that run to attach to it lol​

yeah I have no imagination, thats why I need to borrow yours and suggestions
bow.gif

Cut a hole into the side of the shed that is next to the run. Keep the part you cut out to make a door for you can lock them up at night. Connect the shed to the run with some chicken wire or some spare lumber you might have laying around. In the shed get a small table or something you can place the nesting boxes on. You can laydown some buckets or milk crates, etc. for nesting boxes. For a roost you can get 2x4 and run it from one wall to the other or corner to corner. Now you have get some ventalation in there, drill holes up along the walls, cover with wire mesh for no coons can get in. Now you have a coop! Feel free to PM me if you want any more help!
Martin

Wow Great ideas thank you thank you thank you! Okay here is the next problem, the shed front doors, aren't very safe, they do not shut right, and have a gap, what should I do about that?

I love the tacky coop thing, those are great, and I have an unused baby changing table that I will be making use of!

Quote:

Quote:

I like martinjj recommendation! Can you post pictures of the doors so we can maybe think of solutions? The chicken run you have is very nice I think!

okay here are the doors, and pics of the cracks, as the handle no longer works, locks or anything, you just swing it open, and how dry rot it is.
oh and the clutter that my hubby keeps throwing in there.
52995_p1020096.jpg

52995_p1020097.jpg

52995_p1020098.jpg

52995_p1020099.jpg

52995_p1020100.jpg

Honestly I think it has a lot of potential. You can attach the coop with a carport type connection to the the run.
You don't say where you are from. You might find someone on craigs who can help. Preferably a woman. Contact the local high school for there trade department or something like that. It really isn't all that bad.

Back
Top Bottom