I'm disgusted

i dont know if its the same company or not..but..the Monsanto we have here is KNOWN for their cancer causing....if you even drive by the plant on the highway..the smell is just awful!(ask ANY local yokel).....several workers have filed lawsuits aganist them because they have gotten cancer from the plant....not sure if this is the same company though...

I have several co-workers who started working at Monsanto with the idea that of course, they with their brilliant research were going to make crops that could be grown in deserts, on the Moon, etc. and they would end world hunger. Best of intentions. When they quit a few years later, they were willing to take any job--pumping gas, flipping burgers, PhD be darned, rather than work at Monsanto. They tell stories much much worse than this. Monsanto doesn't just hate their customers, they hate their own workers, and have replaced much of R&D with lawyers. Sure, you find disgruntled people in every industry and every job, but Monsanto seems to have a special knack for making people very bitter and cynical at an astounding rate.

Seriously, I would advise anyone interested in the biotech field to go to any other employer. There are plenty of good ones out there. If it came down to feeding my family, and I had a choice between Monsanto and scrubbing toilets, the toilets would probably win out. That's how bad the horror stories are.

Yet another reason to go low carb. Less money for those jerks.

*edited for language*

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Scary stuff. Very scary stuff...
And they've escaped responsibility for everything.

Lots of lawyers and very deep pockets.

Some pockets filled with authority figures too.

It would not surprise me if they have the dirty on some of those deep pockets with authority that keep giving them more and more power.

There is agricultural law that should be applied in Monsanto's lawsuits. It would make the ruling in the farmer's favor. In general, stud fees for bulls and horses that haven't been adequately confined are waived. If your animal does random fertilization because you haven't kept it confined, the person who got the stud service doesn't have to pay. Easy to see where this should apply to wind fertilization....but Monsanto has some scary powers out there in the world of agriculture Personally, I find the company's motives and goals suspect. I think that the first genetically modified plants commercially offered being pesticide resistant rather than modified for higher nutrition, less water use, or nitrogen fixing capability says an awful lot about the company.

As a consumer, I'm trying to avoid corn products in food; but it is not easy.

I know people in the US don't eat right or exercise enough. But after reading more on Monsanto it seems like a lot of the weight issues we have in US could be laid on their doorstep. They've made corn king, after bio-engineering varieties that pack more of what we don't need. And it is in almost every product that you buy, in one of it's many forms.

Back
Top Bottom