I'm DISGUSTED!

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I had some store bought eggs from before my hens started laying, and surprisingly they were still good. I just cooked them up, and BLEH! They are so flavorless and gross! I wondered why they tasted nasty, I'd forgotten that I hadn't used my own eggs. Talk about a taste difference! Once these are used up I'll NEVER be able to eat store bought eggs again!

Just had to share, my eggies are so much better!

why are there two threads? I only started one! Apparently I posted two of them at the exact same time....somehow....BYC glitch? LOL!

Last edited:
If you use them in baking, the yuckiness won't be as noticeable.
wink.png

I totally agree, store bought eggs are a far cry from "homegrown". Believe it, or not, though, not all people feel the same. I told my (very nice) neighbor the other day, that I couldn't wait for my hens to finally start laying, and that I would definitely give her some yummie, organic, free-range eggs on a regular basis, and her response was, that she did not trust anything that didn't come from a store, and politely declined.
Huhhhhhhh???????????????

Quote:
Oh, I've had the same response. But then again, many more are more than grateful for my healthy, tasty eggs and don't mind paying for them one bit, so I don't worry about the one's who turn their noses up.

I remember those days, I didn't grow up near any chicken farmers, but it always seemed a peaceful life. [that would be when you could make a living off farming] now I'm older and have a place to get my own. Chickens and peacocks! I have about 25 hens and about 10 peacocks. As silly as it sounds the first day I went to gather my eggs I almost wondered if I could eat them. Hmmm. Never really thought of what and how literally. I did get over that quicky enough but at first could not taste a difference until we stopped for breakfast one day. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the eggs but something..... well, people do evolve, I still have some work to do on that myself. I was mis-shipped some roosters and now have 12 :eek:. We did get the block and the ax ready 3 weeks ago.......hmmmmm. This is getting expensive to feed these.... [jersey giants no less!]

Back
Top Bottom