I'm Done Selling Eggs Online

I used to sell eggs on Ebay. I had a couple people try this crap, but it never worked out in there favor. My husband handle it. Sold as is, no refunds and no returns! Out of the many customers you're going to have one or two of those kinds of people. I had one guy ask for a refund because his eggs sank in a cup of water.. do what???

I think there is some folk method of testing the freshness of eggs where you put them in water and if they float they are bad and if they sink they are good. After you incubate them for awhile they float due to the increasing size of the air cell. And they wiggle once the chick starts to move around. So its also a way of candling them. But if the eggs sunk they should have been good, so your buyer got it backwards and Ebay probably didn't even care. The agents pretend they know nothing about hatching eggs and the different quirks but Ebay sure as hell sends you a message if they think you're posting a listing for eggs in a foreign country. They don't train their people, they have to rely on written advice they find in some kind of user manual. There is no formal training and you can rarely talk to anyone over the phone anymore because of the pandemic which is just and excuse they use because other companies offer customer service over the phone and Ebay has made record profits this year so they can afford it too.
I used to sell eggs on Ebay. I had a couple people try this crap, but it never worked out in there favor. My husband handle it. Sold as is, no refunds and no returns! Out of the many customers you're going to have one or two of those kinds of people. I had one guy ask for a refund because his eggs sank in a cup of water.. do what???

Is Etsy the same way?
Can't even sell eggs on Etsy. We've tried multiple times and kept getting our listings taken down. Ridiculous. Found the answer in the community section, "I don’t see how they could be considered supplies, they aren’t vintage, and they aren’t handmade." And apparently they are considered live animals so they can't be sold on there (even though yhere are so many shops with them listed!)

Back
Top Bottom