I'm getting a platypus!!!!(lie)

Quote:
She sounds like a super hero..
lol.png

It DOES sound like a super hero....maybe she should get a super hero name to go along with that info....

Its perfectly legal to own exotic animals as pets whether endangered or not with the proper lisence in most states. In FL you must have a class 3 exotic pet lisence for most animals, class 2 for some of the bigger or more dangerous ones, and a class 1 for the really big and dangerous (think elephants and tigers). I myself have a class 1 which would allow me to own a Platypus. I got it so I can foster baby Lemurs, Monkeys, and Kinajous from my boss. It would allow me to own any of those plus just about any native wild animal with the exception of Panthers plus some of the less dangerous exotics from other countries.

Its not that hard to get and free if you are only using it as a personal pet license. Female Platypus are not that hard to come by, I see ads for them a lot in the exotic animal trade markets, the males however are very difficult to get.

Quote:
Hurry up and get on the egg list..

Bator is already warmed up! I have 2 now, so I'm covered. I think the stuffed monkeys will cover the pouch problem.

Im calling shenanigans!
Unless this person actually lives in Australia, and even then.

Australia is probably tied with Brazil as the countries that are most hard-nosed about exporting wildlife . . .
They just dont do it.

Of course zoos and institutes can apply for the necassary permits and such and can get SOME of these rare animals, but the average person can not.

Playtypi I believe are CITES appendix3 listed, and as such are considered extremely endangered species.
There is no way this person is getting one unless she/he either works at a zoo and has permits for to rehab such exotic animals, or it is being aqcuired illegally, or like I said, the person lives in Aussiland, in which case I do not believe a platypus is legal to keep there either.

But, the OP did give us all something to talk about, didnt they . . . .

The only way I feel to prove me wrong is a pic with you, the platypus, and the days newspaper with the current date . . .

Back
Top Bottom