I'm getting a platypus!!!!(lie)

HeHe let Us know how it goe's.I'm sure they are about as Pet quality as a T Rex.Thanks but I'll stick with the whitetail deer that steal left over corn at night here.I Used to want a pet racoon.What was I thinking!
idunno.gif

ahhhh, so sad their are no little platy eggs coming to the auction pages on BYC (I think everyone knew though)

well, I guess you could still collect names for the list, just call them invisible platypus eggs?
lol.png

they are actually fairly tame. Other deer have the potential for this as well. Typically the muntjaqs are bottle fed which helps. People keep them as house pets and little box train them.

Quote:
Oh man! My sister dreamed of a pet anteater for years when she was a kid!

Me, I just wanted to live in Narnia where the animals all talk.

Paraguayan Tamanduahs are one of the lessser ant eaters that make GREAT pets! We have one at work, hes straight from the wild and still so tame! You can get a baby for around a grand (if you can afford that) but their a pain in the butt to feed! You have to mix stuff like eggs, yogurt, banana, insectivore diet, etc in a blender till it comes out as mush for them.

How does it taste? It sounds like I could just make a big batch, and just put the insectivore diet in his half. OR, if the insectivore diet doesn't taste too bad, simplify. Aren't humans insectivores anyway, basically?

Excuse me, I'm a bit peckish. We're going out for breakfast beetles.

Last edited:
My mother had a pet platypus as a kid. She lived in Morocco for many years from a very young child to an older teenager. She always talked about it. She said the normal pets that most people had in the states were actually very dangerous in Morocco. She said you had to be very careful of dogs when she lived there. Which is mostly the reason why she was always terrified of dogs when they moved back to the States. She would not allow any dogs in her house. Ever. She had some other exotic pets while she was there too, but the platypus was her favorite.
smile.png

Bluemoon

Hi guys, this is my pet platy..... LOL just kidding, but I did take this pic of a wild platy on our trip to the cape ..... It was at Yungaburra in QLD, but we have them in the streams near our house as well, we also have echidnas too!!!
48408_cape_york_trip_170.jpg

Back
Top Bottom