Im getting battery hens!

I heard back from the woman in charge of MA and I'm on the list to get two girls. She seems really nice and they seem to have everything under control. I hope a few more of us can take a few and help these chooks out. Apparently they're almost two years old, so washed up in terms of battery hens but I can deal with not getting 7 eggs a week
smile.png

Here's contact info for everyone not in Massachusetts
smile.png
Since the factory is in PA, I would assume that FL would be just as easy to ship to as Mass, so it cant' hurt to call.

Melissa Woodruff
Farm Sanctuary Placement Coordinator
P.O. Box150
Watkins Glen, NY14891
607-583-2276 ext. 223 Fax: 607-583-4472
Email: [email protected] c/o Owen Lubozynski

And here's a copy of the flyer I was sent. I think it was posted earlier, but if people don't want to scroll:

Please help Promising Hope Animal Sanctuary find homes for these hens. Organic egg facility is closing it's doors in May 2010 in PA. There are up to 16,000 hens needing homes or will be sent to slaughter. This is a multi-state rescue, please lets speak up and be counted, can you offer some hens a home?

If interested in helping some hens. Please contact Michelle Rogers @ 508-866-2501 or email: [email protected] to be added to the MA list.

(Backyard farms preferred)

(These hens are brown egg layers - not meat birds)

Below is the initial email for this rescue effort.

(out of state interests - Contact Owen Lubozynski at the Farm Sanctuary)

Hello All!

I am writing you today with a unique opportunity to help with a large hen rescue in the Pennsylvania area within the next couple of months. These girls are brown layer hens that are almost two-years-old (considered spent although they will live many more years) and are currently at an organic egg facility. There are up to 16,000 hens that will be sent onto slaughter at this facility but the owner will spare them if homes can be found for them. These birds are part of the NPIP program which is good for transport to most states (in addition to a health certificate). There is a vet willing to write the health certificates and a group willing to help with transport on the East Coast. Please let us know if you are able to help, and if yes, how many hens you are able to take. Please make correct estimates because we will rescue as many as possible depending on how many other sanctuaries and adopters can take in.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration!

For the animals,

Melissa Woodruff
Farm Sanctuary Placement Coordinator
P.O. Box150
Watkins Glen, NY14891
607-583-2276 ext. 223 Fax: 607-583-4472
Email: [email protected]
Visit our website at www.farmsanctuary.org

Thanks, Sherrydeanne, I'm going to call right now.
thumbsup.gif

I just called and left a message!! I think that my brother might want to adopt a couple as well, he has 5 acres for them to roam! Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me out get the message threw guys.Im trying to convince my mom to get 4 and not 3 lol,wonder what breeds they are probably rirs or sexlinks right?

Back
Top Bottom