I'm getting bunnies. Does and don't

Unless you want babies do not mix sexes - they breed like....y'know rabbits :)
Make sure they have enough room, I hate to see rabbits stuffed in a little cage, they like to move around.
https://www.sandiegorabbits.org/diet.phpThis is the rabbit food pyramid, very useful to have.
Remember, they will cuddle with you but it is not their primary nature. As a prey animal, they aren't overly comfortable being held or carried around, so start young with them and get them used to it.
Enjoy, they are cute little things :)

Hi guys! I'm getting two lionhead bunnies on April 11th and want to ensure I have all the basics down and some tips and tricks to owning rabbits. Any advice will be great!
Are you going to keep them in the house? I have a Dutch dwarf that lives inside. I treat him like a cat, he has an outdoor pen for when the weather is good.
If you plan to keep them outdoors, remember that rabbits feel exposed to hawks and owls, so have a place for them to hide. I had a rabbit hutch outside for rabbits and it was raised with a firm wire bottom for the poop to fall. Also know that rabbits eat some of their own droppings to get necessary vitamins and minerals so have a solid floor around their feed bowls so they can get to the droppings they need to eat. I use plexiglass over the tile floor so it is easy to sweep up and wipe clean.
Provide fresh greens daily along with Timothy hay and rabbit chow, of course fresh water. Also chews such as thin wood twigs or pine cones for the rabbit to keep their teeth worn down. Lastly toys! Rabbits get bored easily.

https://www.sandiegorabbits.org/diet.phpThis is the rabbit food pyramid, very useful to have.
Remember, they will cuddle with you but it is not their primary nature. As a prey animal, they aren't overly comfortable being held or carried around, so start young with them and get them used to it.
Enjoy, they are cute little things :)

VERY HELPFUL! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom