I'M GETTING IMPATIENT! HELP!

Well, the Black Pullet has just be discovered as possibly a ROO!!! He/she has a comb and a ---word just left my mind! (Thing under beak)

It's growing bigger every day. Great. Every time I get rid of a Roo , another appears!!

Anyone know how to get a ROO to shut up? (Other than the stew pot?)
lau.gif
especially at 3am?

PS_Chickngurl... Thanks for loooking. I got the same responce. They are just EE, "Generic" chickens. No specific pure breed. Just plain chickens! LOL

FIL is so full of it!!! Ugh.

I want some pure breds now!

If your black one has any spanish in her, she'll have a big comb and wattles. Here's a couple of pictures of the one I have:

Chickens039.jpg

Chickens050.jpg

Everytime I saw her, I thought she was a rooster at first. My room-mate still thinks she's a rooster and I have to correct him.

I'd just like to say not to discount your mutts....They can be good layers and have the best of both parents. I like my purebreds, but I also like my mutts. Unless you're wanting to sell purebred hatching eggs or chicks the mutts can work out just as well for you.

ChicknGurl:

That's almost what mine looks like!!!! Just not as big as those yet! (Comb and wattle, yes that's the word!)

So how is it a hen if it has a wattle and comb? I thought that was mainly have you ID birds...

In the case of my spanish hen, I had to go with feathers to realize it was a girl and not a boy. She never got the saddle feathers or hackle feathers that males tend to develop. Plus, the boys that I do have started taking an intrest in her.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom