I'm goin to my first show! :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by farmgirl1995, Nov 7, 2010.

1. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    Myy mom, aunt, and I are going all the way to North Carolina for a chicken show thats on Saturday. Its my very first one. We have our incubator almost finished so we were gonna get some eggs to hatch. Can you get them at shows? If so, what kind of breeds do they usually have?

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Congrats on going to your first show! I went to my first show October of last year and I bounced off the walls!! I went to my first Ameraucana National meet last month and you have though I had never attended a poultry show in my life!!!

You are more likely to find started birds for sale than hatching eggs. I sold hatching eggs at a poultry show this April and there were several people that sold eggs but this time of year you will probably only find started and adult stock.

You will find most of the breeds in the SOP there. But the popular ones like cochins, silkies, rocks, orps, and breeds like that will most likely be there (I'm 97% sure).

Have fun and dont spend too much cash [​IMG] believe me its easy to do at a poultry show!

3. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    Quote:Ah! Its nice to know I'm not alone:) It must've been GREAT. I feel like exploding and I'm a week away from the show...[​IMG] I thought so since its getting colder. And we're going farther north so it must be really cold there. But oh well:) Started chickens are perfectly fine with me. I want silkies badly. And cochins. They're so fluffy! [​IMG]
    I can never seem to find any kind of shows in Georgia though. Do you know of anything that would tell me where and when and in what state shows are?
    Thank youuuu!

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Don't do it!!! I went to my first one in 1960 & I haven't been able to stop. It's like a disease.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Good for you and Congrats and good luck! It IS chilly here, but not too bad. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by