I'm going on a Train!

Quote:
? I'm not understanding
hmm.png

Sibone, Amtrak is a US based train system. I suspect some don't realize you are in South Africa. Just not really reading you profile under your name.
wink.png

Amtrak has problems, but no worse that anywhere else.

I love traveling by train and I hope you have a great time. Glad to get to see your Granny!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I LOVE traveling by train! My grandfather was an engineer for "slamtrack" (
roll.png
) for 50 years. When we were younger, we would get free train rides from here to a town about 50 miles away- and even that short distance was fun! I never got tired of riding on the train with Gramps, and even now that he's gone, I think of him whenever I see a train, and still love to travel on them.

Have fun on your trip, enjoy the ride, and the time with your Grandma whilst you have her.
hugs.gif

Have a great trip!

Anyone see the polar express movie, that steam train used in the movie is real and in Michigan. My dad was an "engineer for a day" on that train. One of his life long dreams! You can still see reminants of polar express on the side of the train.

I've taken a few trips on train (lol, slamtrack)

I've taken Jackson to Chicago to the Monet' exhibit and back home, that trip was great (spent most of the trip in the cafe car)

When I was younger we took a train from Jackson to Colorado, starting from Jackson to Chicago - again nice trip, no problems... we were heading from Chicago to Colorado, we got stuck in the observation car up top under the glass dome. This wouldn't have been an issue except............... they fired the porter, he was drunk and kept passing out in the isles and on people.......... they over booked the train, we couldn't leave the observation dome........ the air conditioning broke down (this was in the summer, nice n sunny)...and they ran out of water.... the train then broke down, there we sat in the plains, in the hot sun baking, no ac, no water, no toilets!.... ....... ...... I got sick....... the toilets were overflowing and the SMELL... OMG!!! (think everyone else got sick)... it was the most HORRIBLE trip EVER!...

I refuse to take another trip on train unless it's a short one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom