I'm going to kill my husband

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
I set up my new Brinsea incubator yesterday, and told my husband that he could order some hatching eggs if he wanted. I was planning on a "test" hatch anyway before I started hatching out the chickens I wanted, so I figured may as well let the hubby pick out something for the flock. He just called me to tell me he won a "couple eggs"...I said "you only bought two eggs? how come?" "Well, they're Emu Eggs."

EMU EGGS? I don't even think an Emu egg will FIT in the incubator! Has anyone tried incubating an emu egg in a Brinsea octagon 20? Did they fit? I may be having two REALLY big omelets soon!

gig.gif
To quote my dear friend Lynn OH MY STARS!?!?!?

Even my DH hasn't pulled of that one yet... and this is the guy that brought home an old dentist's X-ray machine...

Tell him to wear a bra for the next 21 days with one egg in each cup.

They probably won't fit in your bator so he's gonna have to do the incubating the old fashioned way. Try really hard not to snicker while telling him all of this with a perfectly straight face. Tell him you read it here.
cool.png

lol.png
You guys crack me up!

I don't know if they're going to fit or not...Maybe if I take the tray out and lay them directly in the bottom somehow...I really have no idea. I wasn't planning on him buying EMUs. I was thinking more leghorns, or something...He never ceases to amaze me. I told him I'd try it as my anniversary present to him. Today is our anniversary.
lol.png

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Tell him to wear a bra for the next 21 days with one egg in each cup.

They probably won't fit in your bator so he's gonna have to do the incubating the old fashioned way. Try really hard not to snicker while telling him all of this with a perfectly straight face. Tell him you read it here.
cool.png

lau.gif

best advice ever​

Back
Top Bottom