I'm having a REALLY bad day.... And it may last all week.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cleoandclover, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Cleoandclover

Cleoandclover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    Washington state
    Yesterday, a relative flew in from Arizona(leaving names unnamed). First she started by making derogatory remarks about my weight, but things got worse when she walked in the door and heard my Serama rooster, Squeaker, crow. She followed the sound, and barged into my room and saw Squeaker and MayMay, who is currently on the nest, in their sparkling clean palace of a cage. Then she started ranting about how they are stupid, mean, filthy animals, and a health hazard, and ought to stay outside until they become fried chicken. My mom and I managed to haul her out and verbally steer her away from that subject, but a few hours later I was in my room fuming when I heard the conversation somehow turn to MayMay's illness and how we've spent several hundred dollars fighting off her mystery illness, when I round the corner and the evil relative exclaims that we are crazy to spend so much money on a chicken we could replace for $20. I got into a big fight with her, and I still had to take her out to eat. So I spent my evening trying to avoid eye contact and trying not to scream in frustration as she sits there and eats fried chicken and makes pointed remarks that MayMay ought to be on her plate instead of at the vets office. Later on a walk, she started insulting my sister, and telling her to speed up, and that surely she could do better, because SURELY she was faking it(my sister has muscular dystrophy and epilepsy), and several other cruel, ridiculous insult lines. Today we took MayMay to the vet, and the relative told the vet that she shouldn't be treating chickens, and to turn us away. I nearly offered her an early flight back to Arizona. But one thing's for sure, once she leaves, I'm not talking to her again.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    If that was my relative, she would be out the door. End of story. So sorry you had to go through such a difficult day! [​IMG]

3. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    Send her back with a boot mark on her butt.

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Your sister may have MD and epilepsy, but you can't fix stupid!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Put her in a motel and never invite her back to your home. There are some nasty people out there. They have their reasons but you don't have to put up with them in your home.

6. uglychickens

uglychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    HERE!!
    I'd let the doorknob hit her where the dog should of bit her! Put her out tell her she has to find her own way home!

7. uglychickens

uglychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    HERE!!
    Oh and then send her a bill for the food and pain and suffering! Lmao

8. Biologrady

Biologrady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Wow. Yep, you need some distance from this jerk.
    As she gets ready to get on her plane, perhaps you should wish her well by saying "may your plane be as airworthy as my fantastic pet chickens!"
    ;)

9. She sounds like an awful relative!! Maybe tell her that she can sleep in the coop outside while the chickens sleep in her room...

10. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    Sounds nutty to me....I try NOT TO KNOW these type of people..If they are relatives it's another matter altogether, though...Have you ever tried to find out what her problem is?...Does she simply not like chickens or you , or what? ...Is she mentally unstable?...Do you care about her?......Is the drama fun in some twisted way?.....Continuing to put up with this behaviour MAKES NO SENSE....God Bless you and your sister AND your relative...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by