I'm Heartbroken

Just some minutes ago I went over to my henhouse of 68 chickens to open up and give them water. I opened the door and saw my sweet Lucille, silver laced wyandotte with a single comb hatched in March, on the floor dead. Chickens were picking at her dead body. I didn't notice anything wrong with her last night! Though I also didn't sit and study every birds behavior either. I'm heartbroken! I know God's in control, but this is the first time in a while I've balled so hard. :hit
I’m sorry for your loss of Lucille. This is the only downside of chicken keeping. :hugs

Just some minutes ago I went over to my henhouse of 68 chickens to open up and give them water. I opened the door and saw my sweet Lucille, silver laced wyandotte cillewith a single comb hatched in March, on the floor dead. Chickens were picking at her dead body. I didn't notice anything wrong with her last night! Though I also didn't sit and study every birds behavior either. I'm heartbroken! I know God's in control, but this is the first time in a while I've balled so hard. :hit
I’m sorry to hear about Lucille! I didn’t realize how much I loved my girls until they I lost them! I cried too! 😢

Back
Top Bottom