I'm home! With the fuzzy bundles! (*Pics added!*)

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
Oh wow! First of all, I can hardly HEAR anything because all I heard for the last hour and a half was CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP...lol

Anyway, got out to get them with no problems. Peeked inside to see loads of tiny black eyes staring back at me and peeping. Yay! I did think at firs glance that there looked to be FAR more than I ordered tho...
tongue.png

So we get home, and I count everyone and take note of their breed as I dip their beaks. Then I realize my final counts. Whoa! Who wants some pullets! Here's what I have as of right now as far as the day olds, and 3 day olds I got last week: (All are sexed)

Cuckoo Marans- 2 (not for sale)
Plymouth Barred Rocks- 2
Cinnamon Queens- 2
Buff Orphingtons- 2
California Whites- 7 (keeping all for my white layers)
Golden Comets- 5
Rhode Island Reds- 11

Plus, the 10 Cornish I ordered and they sent 16! I am now officially UP TP MY EYEBALLS in chicks!

Brooding in the house now I have a total (Cornish included) of 47! Added to the 17 keepers I have outside is 64! <<Faints>> Wow! This is gonna cost me! lol

Seriously, I can deffinately spare some RIRs! Anyone want any? I can stand to loose a few Ameraucanas too! Seriously! Anyone?!

I just took photos. Let me resize and upload them and I'll post them here.

(On a side note: Dang...why do the Cornish have to be so darn cute...
roll.png
)

Last edited:
Oh I wish you were one state over!! Hubby and I agreed to start with older pullets but man alive are those some cute little fluff balls. I need to stop looking at the chick photos!!

Oh, adorable! And good job getting pics of so many!!!
I wish I were closer too.
I love the name Cinammon Queens, never heard of them, so I'm going to go look them up now!

You got your miracles! Maybe you have a Faith, Hope, Charity, & Lovey in the bunch. I'm so happy for you and your peeps.
jumpy.gif

Thanks for posting those adorable pictures.
Stephanie

Golden Comets are 1 breed I'd like to get. They look so nice. I can't really order 25 chicks from a hatchery, cause I have 11, already. Which is why I'm gonna be hatching a few more eggs. I'd like to get my hands on some Silver Duckwing eggs, as well. BTW, I know guys don't usually say this (at least not me)....But those are some cute chics. I don't think I'd bother trying to catch all fourty of them, lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom