I'm home! With the fuzzy bundles! (*Pics added!*)

They are so cute!! Your little Cuckoo Marans look like some of our dominique chicks we got. I know what you mean about not getting to attached to those Cornish Crosses, we have 21 of them we have in the brooder right now. Have fun!!

Quote:
Madison is about 3 1/2 hrs away, Janesville is 4 hours, Avalon is 4h rs 20 min. and Rockford is 4 hours 45 min away. It is too bad you are not closer.

We have a mom and pop hatchery, owned by my relatives close to us, they are the best. I think that we are goign to keep gettting out chicks from those places, versus places like mcmurray. Even though Mcmurray does have a wider selection.

I have heard of Hazleton, but I dont' know where it is. So i tried it on mapquest, and it doesn't have that town on there. Keeps coming up with an error message. But it says Hazelton Creek Iowa is 66 miles away....

Hmm...Sun Ray's address is on their main page. Where abouts in IA are you, or are you near? I can try to MapQuest it for you on my end and see if its a MapQuest issue, or just a computer being silly
wink.png
Let me know and I can do it when we get home from church

It also said on there website that t hey are int he Hazleton, Mechanicsville, IA, area, so I checked that out on map quest.
Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 149.19 miles

They are so cute!!! I'm no expert, but I think that the cuckoo marans and the barred rocks are opposite of how you have them labeled. The darker ones are the cuckoos and the ones with the face markings are the barred rocks.

I have looked up every picture available on the cuckoo maran chick that I can find lately because I am keeping an eye on my free rare chick from McMurray.

OMG! They're so adorable. I remember our chicks looking like that---they have all their feathers in now and look like little miniture chickens. <3

OMG

They are the cutest chicks ever!!

So glad all ended well for you and those little gems.

Im so jelous, I want some babies!!!! hopefully getting some in July when the big farmers show on nears us!!!

Back
Top Bottom