I'm I considered a predator now? first loss- poor girl...

This reminds me of what happened to me yesterday. I was folding one of those toilet bowl fresheners on the edge of the toilet and I accidentally crushed the whole thing and it all crumbled and fell apart into the toilet. I didn't know my own strength. Instead of just folding the wire around the lip of the toilet, I tore all the deoderant crystall off the wire accidentally.
lol.png

I can't imagine how I was so rough and careless to crush the whole thing like a brute.... but I did. Reminds us to remember when we are supposed to be delicate and careful. I think baby chicks qualify for that one too.
smile.png

Better luck next time.

So sorry for your loss. I've done the same thing. It was aweful.
sad.png

Mine were in their brooder and I had set the waterer on a flat plate to keep it out of the shavings. One of my week old brahma's scooted under the waterer as I was setting it down. With all the peeping going on it was hard to hear the one particular one. I heard it and quickly picked up the waterer. This waterer had a small space under it so it had just a bit of space. I kept swooping my hand across the plate before I put the waterer down but tragically that same brahma chick snuck under the waterer late one eve as I placed it down,(and I did clear the plate first ... sigh) and I didn't get back in time to save it this time. I was heartbroken and I know it feels aweful to have done something even though you thought you were being careful. Accidents do happen so just understand that, learn fm them and go forward. Again, sorry for the loss of your chick. Hugs.

Aww,
thanks everyone, I was always scared I was going to step on someone (I've done that to a frog before :eek: ), they're so people friendly they're under my feet the whole time I'm in the coop.
You'd think they would wiggle out before the waterer was down all the way-guess not
sad.png

bigrey

Sorry for your loss. I never killed a chicken like that but my little pheasants are very fast. I accidentally stepped on a few. These chicks aren't as smart as chickens. I lost three when a small piece of cardboard fell on top of them.
sad.png
They were too stupid to try to crawl out from under it. Had another that found a small space under the feeder. Don't ask me why it needed to be there but it did. It's all a learning experience for everyone. We hate to have any chicks die but thus is life. This site will try to help anyone from having that tragic loss but things happen that are out of our control. There's always next year and hopefully we are a bit smarter.

Well, Idk if it was rly ur fault, she was pretty dumb to get in the way...but i'm sry a/b ur girl...
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom