im in for a fight .....I LOST!!!!

can you appeal?
hu.gif

Hi everyone!! thanks for "feeling my pain" but I'm ok, yes i do go & see my chickens they are doing good! i don't think i can appeal it, but before i take my set up down, what about pheasants? are they allowed? i don't see them on this list, are pheasants domesticated? just wondering....................here is my ordinance:

It shall be unlawful for any person to keep, maintain, house or allow upon his premises, whether such premises be owned outright by such person or leased from another, within the corporate limits, cows, horses, mules, chickens, bees or other non-domesticated animals, unless activity was in operation or existing prior to 1975.

Shows how much they know. Most definitions of "domestic" animals is: An animal that is under the control of humans and is dependent on them for its survival. It includes pets and livestock.

Not that it helps, but they really should use better terminology.

Putting chickens in the same ordinance as cows and horses always seemed silly to me. Just goes to show how much work we still have to do to show that a backyard chicken can be as much a "domestic pet" as a cat, dog, or bunny.

Quote:
I'd get an Emu a Wildebeast and a couple hyenas. I don't know about pheasants whether they're domesticated or not. This just ticks me off...

Back
Top Bottom