im in for a fight .....I LOST!!!!

Hi everyone, Mrs. Scarbrough called me & told me i wasn't on the agenda for Feb. 9th, so we were debating whether to bring it up, or what? she said she will give them 1 month, i still think someone might say something, .....oh, the city manager did tell me he will give me a call first part of the week, i had called him Friday to see if he had called the other cities like Mrs. Scarbrough had suggested, he had NOT done so, but he told me he was going to call the chicken experts the county co-op they are very pro chicken and all for backyard chickens!! and then he said he would call some of the cities, so that's where i am now......still very hopeful ....oh, and Mrs. Scarbrough, shes ready to do a chicken festival in our town!!! on main street!!

Quote:
Hi thanks!! .....well,i was supposed to get a call from the city manager the first part of the week which was around the 8,9, or10th, well, i didn't, so i called him on Friday the 12th, i left him a message asking if he had called the places Mrs.Scarbrough suggested, he hasn't called me back.....yet, i know today was a holiday, so i will call him tomorrow, ill keep ya all posted.

As a former North Carolinian, I know what you are going thru. Some of the City Managers are extremely hard headed. Give them a title and it goes to their head. I went up against the Raeford City Council and really had my work cut out for me. I hope they change their ordinance to allow chickens. I grew up in Fayetteville and we had ducks. We never had compaints, Animal Control never came out. The people that lived next door had chickens, ducks, and a peacock. I could have strangled the peacock..too noisy, but no one ever complained about them. And yes, we were in the city limits.

Anyway, good luck and keep fighting!!
thumbsup.gif

As many on BYC forum know I have been fighting for over a year and my lawyer is the former Governor of GA who also has chickens of his own. The judge looked at the soning ordinance that said

"On less than two acres you can NOT have livestock (except for poultry and swine).

As any third grader should be able to comprehend the chickens are LEGAL and in May even our own city judge ruled chickens are legal. That didn't stop the city who just wrote new ordinance and DIDN'T grandfather me in. Even our Mayor has pet chickens in front of his law office on the city square. They say you can't fight city hall but I am here to tell you YOU CAN.

Right now our State Representatives are stepping in and have proposed a STATE LAW that will allow families to have gardens, chickens, rabbits and goats for personal use.

That is a picture of one of my hens; HENrietta on the cover of our local paper!!!

Please read about it here:

http://www.beaconcastmedia.com/

If you want to see about the case you can just google my name: "Andrew Wordes" or "Roswell Chicken Man" or "Roswell Chicken Fight".

As always,

God Bless America, Little Piggies and Roosters!
Colt .45, God's answer to unanswered prayers.

Respectfully,

Andrew S. Wordes (The Roswell Chickenman)
Phoebe Farms, USDA/NPIP Certificate #1097GA
Organizer North Georgia Pet Chicken Meetup Group
Founding Member, Registered Breeder Marans of America Club
Instructor, Member, Oakhurst Community Garden Project
Member, Society for The Preservation of Poultry Antiquities
Member, United Orpingtons Club
Member, Georgia Farm Bureau
Member, Tennesee Farm Bureau
GA State Registered Lobbyist

Hi everyone, I just received a call from our city clerks office, the city clerk told me it will be voted on, on march 2nd!!! so i was all excited to hear this! so i kinda asked her if she had heard anything ...,.,good or bad, she said she hadnt heard anything, well, now...i wait
pop.gif
& pray
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom