Im in shock right now

Pics
Did you forget the door open? I've done that a few times, but thankfully never lost that manu. Usually just a bird or two max
I have left the door open, but we only lost one bird due to that. It seems that the predators around here are all quite afraid of coming to close to houses...

Coyote got at least 2 dozen of my laying hens last night. I havent gotten a full count yet. I dont know how many chicks survived, but so far I only count 36 birds and there were 74 when I went to bed.
Was there a hole? Gap?

Thats pretty bad...😕

I have had chickens come back from hiding after a predator attack though. Keep looking...

Normally they dont come anywhere near my house. Theyve been bold lately. The other night i tried to scare them off because I didnt have a good flashlight on me to get a shot on them and they stood their ground. Ive never seen them stay still when a man is coming at them.

I let some of my birds free range and some are locked up. The ones that free range roost on top of the barn. They pried double bolted doors open. But, theres no scratches or bitemarks on the wood. No paw prints anywhere. The only reason I know it was coyotes is I found coyote scat by piles of feathers way out in my pasture.

Was there a hole? Gap?

Thats pretty bad...😕

I have had chickens come back from hiding after a predator attack though. Keep looking...
Im not too hopeful about that. There are a real lot of feathers everywhere. Many big piles scattered in the pasture and about a large pillow case worth strewn about closer to the barn. I think the total is looking like 24 hens and 6 two month old chicks

Back
Top Bottom