I'm in trouble!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sphinx, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    I bought an incubator today. This is bad. Really bad. Now I'm not tied to the whims of a broody hen. I can incubate chicks whenever I want. I shall go mad with POWAH!!!! bwaaahahahahaha

Lucky for those around me, I got the Brinsea Mini Advance, so I can only attempt to hatch 7 at a time.
  2. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

my dh calls it my "weapon of mass PRODUCTION" [​IMG]
  3. violetsky

violetsky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Just wait for spring hatching fever
  4. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    [​IMG] let the hatching begin [​IMG]
  5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    My Coop
    Welcome to the hatch-a-holic club... Today the Brinsea next will be a cabinet.
  6. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Quote:ROFL Love it!!!

If I get a cabinet, I think my husband will have me committed. Unless I am selling the chicks and making money, and then I suspect he would encourage it.
  7. Martin Grove Farm

Martin Grove Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

We have 2 cabinets and they were humming all spring and the first part of summer/ [​IMG]
  8. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    X2 [​IMG] I put 39 in the bator as they were laid so I am committed to stay home for the next month. Hoping to get at least half them hatch. Good luck but once you get your first chick, you'll be addicted.

9. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    i gave up hatching my own..
    i am bad at picking eggs eather not Fertal or they turn into roosters [​IMG]
    ill try again next year hopefully ill get more hens then this year.
  10. Quote:Hi PrincessChicken! Congratulations on your new incubator!
    Be warned, though, it is a slippery slope. I started with styro incubators that hold 4 doz eggs and had a 'stable' of them. Then I built an incubator that holds 400+ eggs (saying to myself, I'll NEVER need that much space for eggs). 8/7, I set 260 eggs and moved 100 Day 18 eggs to the hatcher. It is a slippery, slippery slope.
    Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by