I'm interested in getting rabbits ---- Edit: Just caught a dumped Bunny!!!

Pics
I just locked him up for the night.
In the morning I open both cage doors and he gets to run around his little area all day.
PXL_20211012_014707388.jpg
PXL_20211012_014659823.jpg
PXL_20211012_014640571.jpg
PXL_20211012_014722678.jpg

The very first night I got Treble there was an escape.
She squeezed through the holes in the dog cage and got out and hid... Thank God he didn't get into any trouble while he was put and about.

Make sure you block the bottom foot of the dog kennel so the rabbit cannot squeeze through.

I spent the wee hours of the morning zip time hardware cloth around the dog kennels.
The "kennel" is made up of 1x2 inch welded wire with no gaps anywhere else, I'll double check though. Do you think that he will be abel to squeeze through that small of a space?

The "kennel" is made up of 1x2 inch welded wire with no gaps anywhere else, I'll double check though. Do you think that he will be abel to squeeze through that small of a space?
YES! I'm 100% sure he could squeeze through it.

Currently, he/she is content in our garage with her little pen. The bedding is hay since I was concerned shavings would fall through the crate floor, so he has that for the night along with a dog dish of water. In the morning, I'm going to setup out kiddie pool like I did for a chick brooder, and use chicken wire for a lid. I'll do cardboard as flooring until I can get a mat. There will be enough room for a litter box etc, so I'll set that up in the morning.
Thanks so much for your help everyone! I'll post photos in a moment, but waiting for him to settle in. 😁 🥳

Currently, he/she is content in our garage with her little pen. The bedding is hay since I was concerned shavings would fall through the crate floor, so he has that for the night along with a dog dish of water. In the morning, I'm going to setup out kiddie pool like I did for a chick brooder, and use chicken wire for a lid. I'll do cardboard as flooring until I can get a mat. There will be enough room for a litter box etc, so I'll set that up in the morning.
Thanks so much for your help everyone! I'll post photos in a moment, but waiting for him to settle in. 😁 🥳
I hope it doesn't disappear during the night.
I hope he's too big to fit through the kennel openings.
If he is little...you are in for a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom