I'm interested in getting rabbits ---- Edit: Just caught a dumped Bunny!!!

Pics
The photos weren't doing much justice to his size, so I actually used a measuring tape to give you a better idea. Than a photo showing him compared to my hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 2
The photos weren't doing much justice to his size, so I actually used a measuring tape to give you a better idea. Than a photo showing him compared to my hand.
He's dumb!
Does it look like his head could squeeze through the holes in the cage?

He's dumb!
Does it look like his head could squeeze through the holes in the cage?
I don't think so. I believe they can squeeze through small spaces, but its a 1" wide hole, he's got a pretty big head. It makes sense how a rex could make the squeeze, but I don't think he will.
I'll keep everyone updated!

Hes adorable!

I would guess he's a mixed breed, likely a Rex or Rex mix. Could have escaped from a meat breeder, or he was a pet that as dumped.

I don't think he'll be able to squeeze through anything easily, he look to be full grown.

Hes adorable!

I would guess he's a mixed breed, likely a Rex or Rex mix. Could have escaped from a meat breeder, or he was a pet that as dumped.

I don't think he'll be able to squeeze through anything easily, he look to be full grown.
Thank you! Interesting he's a meat breed, good to know!
I didn't think so, and at least not tonight, he hasn't moved much from his corner. How much do you suggest feeding him? 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup of pellets?
Also wondering how much space you would recommend per rabbit. Eventually I want to have an outdoor rabbit "tractor" that I use to move him around. The summers can get hot, so I'm wondering if I should have an area of wire off the ground. I'm considering a setup similar to this-
1634009069327.png

But possibly covering the run? Definitely adding a skirt for predator prevention. The skirt will likely be an additional wood frame around the bottom with wire connecting to it, so no need for stakes. I want there to be enough room in the run so that I could add an extra rabbit or two, do they need a buddy like chickens do?
Would you suggest making the run big enough to walk in, is that important in befriending them etc? I would definitly make the top hinge open so I could access it from above if I didn't make it tall enough to walk in.
Thanks so much for the help everyone! I appreciate it!
Thanks so much for the help everyone!

Aw he looks so small! My guess is polish rabbit or mini Rex? Some mix maybe? I’m not totally sure though since I breed Mini Lops and that’s the breed I’m used to haha. But that’s awesome you were able to rescue him! I’ll give some setup/cage ideas. This is what I do for all my bunnies, they get lots of space and they are spoiled!
989C6906-2AC6-46BD-807F-FBDEF6F9BC2D.jpeg
D1B89DCA-BE06-4307-BC51-CE304335DFA5.jpeg
D25B15AB-539C-48BC-9590-3E7FA46E8C6D.jpeg
1BEA2347-ECA9-4847-A922-053FCD1CCC3A.jpeg

Super happy for the little guy! Glad you got to do a little rescue mission for him. It’ll take a while for him to settle in, but eventually he’ll warm up. It might take a few days, or a few weeks, or even a few months. But you’ll get there!

Aw he looks so small! My guess is polish rabbit or mini Rex? Some mix maybe? I’m not totally sure though since I breed Mini Lops and that’s the breed I’m used to haha. But that’s awesome you were able to rescue him! I’ll give some setup/cage ideas. This is what I do for all my bunnies, they get lots of space and they are spoiled! View attachment 2863083View attachment 2863084View attachment 2863085View attachment 2863086

Super happy for the little guy! Glad you got to do a little rescue mission for him. It’ll take a while for him to settle in, but eventually he’ll warm up. It might take a few days, or a few weeks, or even a few months. But you’ll get there!
Thank you! You have such a sweet setup! Lovely bun's you have!
Our new addition is going to be outdoors, so I'm thinking something tractor style. Your setup gives some good ideas on caves, and run accessories, so I'll file it all away and definitely put it to good use. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom