I'm introducing a new rooster to my flock

Good morning, welcome to BYC!
How old is he? I usually house young cockrels separately for a while. They are always little monsters until they get their hormones under control. He is probably a little stressed from the move also.
Good luck!
Good morning, thank you.
He is 2 months old, I will be getting him some time next week but my friend just introduced a new silkie to his flock and has been an asshole to it. We have a cadge set up for him to stay in until the others get use to him.
Thank you again so much for the help

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this help it is greatly appreciated
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
A young cockerel is usually a hormonally crazed idiot. I'd lock him into a large wire dog crate in a fully shaded area of the run with food and water in the crate. I'd leave him in there for at least 2 weeks. Drop a treat in there for him and see if he just eats it or if he tidbits the girls over to him. Make him work for it!

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. Keep your hens safe, I would use the see no touch method. It sometimes takes a few weeks for a cockerel to realize that although he is the head of the flock, he must act respectful to his hens. They are like teenage boys, too full of testosterone. It will pass.

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. Keep your hens safe, I would use the see no touch method. It sometimes takes a few weeks for a cockerel to realize that although he is the head of the flock, he must act respectful to his hens. They are like teenage boys, too full of testosterone. It will pass.
thank you, I will try that method, hahaha

Back
Top Bottom