I'm just curious, how many vegans are there on this site?

Quote:
I'm no spring chicken either....and have lived on a farm all my life.

I've already said that I know abuses take place, but I still believe that that is in the minority. I get tired of animal rights groups taking the worst of the worst examples and showing them over and over and uninformed people then thinking that's the way it is overall. I would welcome them to come show how it is on our farm....but that would never happen since they might have to get out of their warm bed at 3 in the morning on a freezing night to pull a calf that can't be born and that wouldn't win them any supporters to their warped cause.

Factory farms came about because of the public's and government's demand for cheap food sources. Just like anything else raising animals for food is cheaper when you do it in bulk.

As far as using a bat on cattle. I'm certainly not advocating beating an animal with a bat. I don't know if you've ever personally worked sorting cattle, but believe me you need more than a tiny stick when you're trying to make a 2000 pound bull or a 1500 pound cow go where they don't want to go. They are not the least bit worried about inflicting a lot of pain on me!

I worked on my neighbors chicken farm that was exactly as you described when I was a teen-ager. Did I like it or think it was right? No I didn't.

I can see we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
That is what I like about this site. A lot of different opinions. Everyone is free to voice theirs and usually all are met with good humor.

Quote:
That is what I like about this site. A lot of different opinions. Everyone is free to voice theirs and usually all are met with good humor.

Most of the time it is met with good humor. I got spanked this morning by a member who didn't like what I said. OOPS!

I am vegan. I don't eat eggs. I am just absolutely enamored with chickens and want to raise some as pets. The rest of my family are not vegan and will probably eat the eggs.

There's really no need to be bumping every vegetarian thread you see, you know.
wink.png
Not all the ones I see...

Back
Top Bottom