I'm just curious, how many vegans are there on this site?

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Well I guess your not technicaly a vegan if you eat eggs, I just mean people that don't eat store bought eggs.

Well I mainly mean people that don't believe in killing animals for food and don't support factory farm eggs or milk.

Last edited:
I am definately NOT a vegan in fact i have been eating more chicken since i started raising them then i did before. Just not my chickens
wink.png
. I don't buy store bought eggs anymore YUCKY! I eat the eggs from my chickens if im not hatching them
big_smile.png

Yesterday I was at the store and bought some cage free pesticide/antibiotic/hormone free organic eggs because I thought I was going to be baking (and only had 2 at home from Ellie, recovering from an illness) - even at that I hesitated because I worried about the conditions for the birds - and I decided to stay in that part of the store for awhile to quietly watch what type of eggs people bought. Without exception, they all bought factory farm/commercial eggs without any hesitation whatsoever. Much educating still needs to be done........I'd wager that if more people knew what conditions the hens endured, they would at least think twice. At least I hope so.
JJ

I think mostly people think with their checkbook. They can buy a dozen factory eggs for about the same as it costs me to produce them myself. I'll never eat another factory egg again. As for being vegan, I'm probably the opposite. I raise my own cattle, hogs, and chickens and have a large garden plus several fruit trees and berry patches. We eat a lot of meat and veggies as well as eggs but we know what went into the production of all of them. Happy animals, good eats. I AM a member of an art collective in which several members are vegan. I know from practice that we can all get along as long as we respect each other's informed decisions.

Back
Top Bottom