I'm looking for barred rocks, rhode island reds, and orpingtons!

madelines hens

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2017
Hey! Im looking to start a new group of hens this spring. Im looking for barred rocks, orpingtons, or rhode island reds!! If you have any you are wanting to get rid of please let me know! I would love it if they were older then 8 weeks but younger then 2 year! I am located in new boston, NH!

Last edited:
No problem, Another place you can try and look is Craigslist. And if both places don't work out there's a online hatchery in Texas that sells those exact breed for a cheap price.
The Barred rocks would be under Plymouth rocks and I think the only sell Buff orpingtons and Rhode island whites.

Mypetchicken is a bit closer though in Ohio. and again sell the same breeds you're looking for ;) https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Brown-Egg-Layers-c64.aspx

Oh I see, Sorry I didn't realize that. Sometimes it's best to raise them as day-olds though. It's a bit more hard to tame adult chickens rather then day-old chicks. But besides that I hope everything works out for you~ :)

Not sure how far your willing to travel but I have 3 rir and 2 barred rocks that will be a year old in May. you can have free. I’m in pocono, pa

I would love too! But i can't drive that far only cause that would be like 6 hours, but thank you so much for the offer!

Back
Top Bottom