I'm looking for solar lights with a timer

Mouthwash

Chirping
May 20, 2023
Chicago IL
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I thought id ask here. I'd like for a light to stay on inside my chicken run until like 7. It gets dark at 4:15 here and I'd like some light for a couple hours after sundown but I don't wanna have to do it manually. And suggestions? I don't have power out there so solar it is.

Out of curiosity, what's the purpose?

I don't know of any that will automatically do this, but there are solar lights with a manual control to set the timer for turning off. Otherwise why not just use a regular solar light that stays on?

Because I don't want light for them 24/7. I'd just like some light in there to extend their day for a bit and it's lit up when I get home to close their coop

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I thought id ask here. I'd like for a light to stay on inside my chicken run until like 7. It gets dark at 4:15 here and I'd like some light for a couple hours after sundown but I don't wanna have to do it manually. And suggestions? I don't have power out there so solar it is.
I wear my headlight to do the dark season lock up.

Might need to figure out ho to run power to your coop,
both for lights and more importantly to keep their water thawed.

I wear my headlight to do the dark season lock up.

Might need to figure out ho to run power to your coop,
both for lights and more importantly to keep their water thawed.
The automatic chicken door is cheap and no need to open/close the coop door every day. I bought Kastty chicken door when the Chickguard isn't working right. The Kastty well made and seems decent enough. The Sibays door is similar and under $65 now on Amazon. I did a summary on the Kastty, which you can find on this site.

The automatic chicken door is cheap and no need to open/close the coop door every day. I bought Kastty chicken door when the Chickguard isn't working right. The Kastty well made and seems decent enough. The Sibays door is similar and under $65 now on Amazon. I did a summary on the Kastty, which you can find on this site.
I have no need of an automatic pop door, not sure I'd trust one if I did.
I like to check on things twice a day, think it's important.

If you have 12V car battery, this may be another option. You do need to get 12VDC timer or an inverter to 110VAC and use any normal timer as you wish.

100W solar kit $70
12Vdc timer $10
12V light bulb $10

https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-Solar-Battery-Trailer-Garden/dp/B09RZJS1ZS/ref=sr_1_18?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=165440348c0411ee85c39e51afe3efdb0INT&crid=3M104XRG9S4BP&keywords=ecoflow solar panel 100w kit&qid=1700958840&sprefix=ecoflow solar panel 100w kit,aps,153&sr=8-18#customerReviews

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom