I'm loving the 6-chick minimum at TSC!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AlienChick, Mar 5, 2011.

1. AlienChick

AlienChick Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    . . . cuz it's keeping me from buying MORE! [​IMG]

I had to drive up to PA on Friday and on the way home, I stopped by four different TSC stores that were just off the hwy. I only wanted to see what different breeds they had. I had already purchased 14 baby chicks from TSC on Monday and then got six more (silkies and d'uccles) from a breeder, so I do not need more. However, IF I saw some spreckled sussex or wyandottes, I would have wanted to buy two more.

Anyway, due to the TSC 6-chick minimum, I no longer have to worry about buying any chicks from TSC this season.

Anyone else find the 6-chick minimum a good way to NOT buy more chicks?

[​IMG]

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Songster

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    not for me.. i would have to buy MORE chicks!

3. GeneJordan

GeneJordan Songster

Feb 6, 2011
    Arnaudville, La
    didnt know about the minimum... ours tried to get us to buy them all

4. luvtheladies

luvtheladies In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Harrogate, TN
    Just got back from TSC and thank God they were all sold out. I just bought 20 last Saturday and I was dreading going in there today. [​IMG]

5. cfdf

cfdf Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    Well....no....I bought 8 and still didn't get exactly what I wanted. Went to Atwoods where there is no minimum and bought 3 more chicks. Still didn't get exactly what I wanted. I think next year I will stay out of TSC and Atwoods and just drive over to Ideal and get exactly what I want...provided I get my order in before everything I want is sold out til the next year. GOSH THEY GO FAST! Of course I've already got more than I should and probably won't have any extra space for more next year...but....when does that ever stop anyone? [​IMG]

6. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Songster

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    I was able to pass up the chicks....but ended up with ducks!

7. Cass

Cass Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    NY State law requires a 6 chick minimum purchase to minimize the number of parents/grandparents that buy their children ONE chick and the poor thing gets loved to death. It's a good thing, I think. And it does keep me from buying chicks. I only want 2, cuz I have 5 coming in April.

8. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Songster

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Chicken math continued...I went to TSC today, I only wanted to get 4 or 5 bantams, they told us about the minimum of 6 but there were only 7 so now we have 7 more babies! Oh my! [​IMG]

9. Nigellas

Nigellas Songster

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    You know, if you bring your receipt showing that you've purchased the minimum there already, they'll let you pick up a few more. At least they did at mine.
    [​IMG]

10. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Songster

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Quote:I think they keep an odd number to make people buy more. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: