I'm loving the 6-chick minimum at TSC!!

Quote:
Well that's certainly good to know.
I'll give my TSC a call to find out if they could do this.
Thanx for the tip!

big_smile.png

We like and dislike the 6-chick minimum (there are also "AGRICULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY" signs near the TSC brooders, at least at the 3 we go to.

Like because it keeps parents and grandparents from buying chicks for their kids/grandkids for Easter or just because they're cute. Dislike it because the nearby city's chicken ordinance -- a hard-fought battle to get that passed -- allowed for only 4 chickens, so chicken owners to be need to find other like-minded souls to team up with to get the chicks they want. For us, we have enough chickens and might have only wanted a trio, not six! But if you really want something, you meet the minimum anyway, right?

Ours has a 6.. My fiance came home with 6 pullets from their pullet bins and 4 wyandottes. *sigh*. Not to mention we just ordered from Cackle..and I have express orders to go to TSC on monday and see what the new featured breed is... Lets hope the Wyandottes are pullets...We already have too many roo's. (We were stupid last year and purchased straight-run from cackle...a lot of our silkies(why he purchased so many of them blows my mind too) ended up being roosters). This time we did all pullets from cackle. I may just go and pick up 6 extra pullets for the heck of it on monday from TSC.

Last edited:
Alien Chick, is your hubby in the semi-dog house, I noticed in your siggy - the toy poodle rates above him but, at least he comes before the 3 paps etc. What must he do to get top billing? I feel badly for him.

Quote:
lau.gif

I changed my siggy recently and was doing some cutting 'n pasting and noticed that I pasted my husband after the poodle.
I thought it was so funny.... I left it that way!

At least he comes BEFORE the chickens!!!

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom