I'm making a free flock management system

TM Chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Alabama
I'm making a record keeping / flock management software. It will be totally free and (hopefully) a part of BYC. What features would you like it to have? Thanks!

Last edited:
I would like something like that. What would be awesome, but probably difficult is like a dichotumus key for illnesses. So I didn't have to search through 2000 pages of google to find out the hen is broody/prolapse ect. Just a thought

I'd use it if I got a new computer- can't even update windows on this piece of junk
he.gif

Yup, I'd be interested..... Some of the features an inventory system for age of the poultry, birth dates, feed consumption, eggs laid on the average....cost of birds if bought or eggs,

I'd love to pilot this but like happy Mountain it would need not to be tooo heavy on demands on the computer .

I think it would be interesting if it had a way for breeders to keep track of which birds were mated with which (sort of like a genealogy) and to keep track of bird characteristics, etc.

Sounds like a couple potential projects out there. I worked on a very simplistic bird management database at work, can be used for tracking bird's genealogy, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to develop it. I am planning to finish it for home use, as I will FINALLY be hatching some of my own heritage chickens this year.

I could share when I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom