I'm making a free flock management system

Quote:
It runs natively on Linux. Just checked on Fedora and it works perfectly. You can download the flockmanager-linux.zip file from the project page here. Thanks for your interest!

Sorry I didn't get mac running yet. My pump is out on well. uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been fighting it since thursday. Still only water for about an hour then Nothing!!!!! Almost ready to call and have a meter put in for city water. YUCK!

OK, so I'm starting to make the GUI, and I would like everyone to submit an idea of what you think the various tabs should contain. For example, here is a draft I made for the Eggs tab:
5 eggs layed today (100% productivity)
21 eggs layed this week (87% productivity)
---------------------------
<Record new eggs layed>
<Record sale of eggs>
<View detailed egg history>

For text, just type what you want to see. For a button, put in the text of the button with the little arrows on each side. For a separator, type a bunch of dashes. Also there can be several buttons on one line. You can do however many tabs you want, just post them here. Also, I'm open to a different way of presenting the whole thing. Thanks!​

* Laid, not Layed

Average Eggs per Day
Average Eggs per Month
Average Eggs per year

Eggs by color? (breed but there's so many brown and white layers)

Inventory (current total of eggs + today's laid - sold - eaten)

Quote:
Sorry I took so long. I totally missed your post! Your software looks very nice, but I want to be able to do more then just track income and expenses.

Dont Forget about:
Eggs for Incubation: eggs set > eggs hatched>
Hatched: chicks (added to flock)
food price per egg

ETA:
I set 27 eggs. 2 infertile on day 10= 92.59% Fertility%
(fertile Eggs/Eggs set) x 100% = Fertility %
(good chicks hatched/Fertile eggs)x 100% = Hatability%
(chicks hatched/Eggs Set) x 100% = Total Eggs Hatched %

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom