I went out to the garage and opened the doors. Started getting the feed ready and suddenly noticed only ONE bunny in the storage bin, where i am keeping them until their cage is ready ! I looked everywhere, mostly on the floor. Turns out she was still on the table behind the bin. Little monkey!

Finally at 32 weeks, my blue Marans pullet gave me an egg yesterday. Todays is even prettier! :wee

Congrats - they are pretty and look pretty large too!

I miss having rabbits, last one was raised in a store bought hutch before i knew any better and got his rabbit stuff hung in the floor wire...absolute nightmare. I've been scared to have rabbits since.

Ouch!

I had a rabbit when I was about 6 or 7. I leash trained her and took her and my dog for walks all over the neighborhood. Took her to the neighbors once. I let her play with their rabbit. He pulled her hair out, so I took her home. Had a bunch of cute little babies :bun then my parents got rid of all the rabbits.

Finally at 32 weeks, my blue Marans pullet gave me an egg yesterday. Todays is even prettier! :wee
View attachment 1211387
Congrats! Whoa those are some big eggs!

I have 2 Holland Lops, and 3 Lionheads right now. I find i get more for pets than meat rabbits and they eat less . But i might try to raise some for meat. Love the look of Californians.
I miss having rabbits, last one was raised in a store bought hutch before i knew any better and got his rabbit stuff hung in the floor wire...absolute nightmare. I've been scared to have rabbits since.
I had a couple lion heads years ago. Ended up giving them away when my parents moved. They were a kid's 4H project & they lied to me about how big they were supposed to get. AND both were supposed to be girls, but when I went to pick them up she checked and 1 was a boy... but it was too late b/c my kid already fell in love w/ him. We got the boy fixed so the rabbit cage we got didn't cause any problems, BUT we did have to cover the bottom of the run w/ chicken wire b/c they tried to escape.

I’m new to chickens and especially egg laying...I thought roosters had combs? I didn’t know hens could have a comb. My Easter Eggers are about 30 weeks and no eggs and at this point I’m confused over their sex.
It really depends on the breed. I had a buff orp that ended up being a boy & I had no clue b/c he didn't have the big waddle and combs like my leghorn, and didn't crow until he was almost 20 weeks old. Do you have some photos? I posted pictures of my guy and everyone pointed out how obvious it was that he was a boy..

I’m new to chickens and especially egg laying...I thought roosters had combs? I didn’t know hens could have a comb. My Easter Eggers are about 30 weeks and no eggs and at this point I’m confused over their sex.

Since Easter Eggers are a mixed heritage bird, they can have a variety of comb types. My EE's have all had small pea combs. The male birds will have pointy saddle and hackle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom