I'm new here

Hello everyone. First, hat off to the website. Second, what a great community and wealth of information within. Now a short backstory. I am constantly browsing this site whenever I am concerned about something with my birds or when I simply have a random curious thought about any fowl. Been meaning to join for awhile, so here I am. When I was young we had so many chickens at my Grandparents ranch, I would say at least 50- 100 at any given time. Spent countless hours/ days playing with and around the birds. Also we had ducks, a few geese, pigs and horses. Yada Yada. Now I am in my 40s and a little over a year ago I was at the ranch store, it was chick days. I was tired of just always just looking at the little fluffers so I impulse purchased me a few without a thought or hesitation. Cue in BYC (thankfully a place like this exists). Well work was done while the chicks got older to make them a place to call home. There were some ups and downs, long story, ultimately I lost those first 4 to my own errors, my dog and a raccoon.... my youngest son was devastated when the raccoon got the last 2. Tbh I was pretty distraught as well and infected with chicken fever. I was constantly searching this site and others reading everything about all chickens. A couple months later I found myself on a trip cross state to secretly(to surprise my son) pick up 3 new birds only a couple months old hatched by a young girl in 4h who got the eggs from some breeder she said. That was last September. My name is Will, I am an avid outdoorsman, have always liked animals of all sorts exception to coons n skunks. I was born and raised in Central Montana. I have lived in the Sonoran desert and in So. Cal close to the pacific. I currently reside in Missoula Montana. I have been here for close to 20 years. My flock is small, but recently got a Lil bigger. 6 in total b/c one of my girls decided it was time to be a mama a short while ago. I have Dutch bantam and am pretty sure they are legit, that's what the girl told me and also as I have done my research. They are awesome lil things. Rusty- our rooster. Lala and Becky who is mama hen right now to the 3 youngsters. They are somewhere between 1 n 2 mo old right now. I am glad to now be part of this cool community of chicken keepin peeps.
Chickens are awesome.
Ricky.... rick... rick.. ricky?
Welcome. Sorry for all of your tribulations along the way. Well, you are here now, and we are here to help if needed.

Back
Top Bottom