I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome.

As with any group of people, a newcomer can often feel intimidated, overwhelmed, or perplexed by some of the information exchange. That is to be expected.

The threads that are not chicken related have some reasoning behind them, which you don't understand due to your absence during the initial event that triggered the subsequent discussion. I would not say there are distinct cliques or groups here, perhaps with exception of the staff. Yes staff, I'm talking about YOU!

It is pretty easy going and relaxed here. I'm sure you will find that to be the case.

By the way, the average member of BYC is a 41 year old married female.

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome!!

Back when I first joined I spent a lot of time just reading posts and not really getting involved by posting. Getting involved is way more fun that just sitting back and reading!! Even tho I've had chickens for 30+ years I still learn something new or different all the time.

Quote:
Ummm and then some are unmarried females who aren't 41!

I gathered this data from all of the posts that I tabulated in the Board Demographics thread. I certianly am not 41 years old, married, or female, but the average user is.

Quote:
Oooooo nobody asked - Is your wife a BYC'er!?
Perhaps she should be if she isn't already!
lol.png

thought I would just add on to this post....Hi, Im new too....been reading for a couple weeks now and looking forward to fixing up my shed and getting a couple of my own in the spring. I cant believe how active this place is! Its wonderful, so much information and informed people! I love the pics of coops in progress and how helpful everyone is. I feel I will be in good hands.
big_smile.png

Its just me and my 2 boys (16 &5)and our Beagle on our 2 little acres that had been my grandparents. We like gardening and I predict will have our own little farm in a few years
roll.png

Welcome to the forum KingDean

You will learn all you need to, and even some things you don't want to learn.
big_smile.png

I am pretty new to the forum, too, but all of these people know their stuff, and if they don't they will refer to people who do.

I think it is great that you are willing to increase your knowledge for your wife. That's awesome!

Anyway, have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom