I'm not a builder but a cheater!

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
This time I made it easy on my hands (I think) and my chickens tender ears.
I am not a builder but this time I am a cheater. I am starting this project a little further along than usual. It will take me a while still to make separate pens on the inside and cut out doors and attach some pens.
This is for my Silkies and bantam Cochins so the other "big" birds won't push them around so much and I can breed my Cochins easier.
It was delivered quickly enough.........

9332_is_it_cheating.jpg

And DD picked out the color for the inside and outside. The inside is going to be a bit bright!

9332_got_the_door_painted.jpg

I still have to put the plywood walls up but I did get the floor painted already. I have since framed in where the lift doors are going to be to the outside pens. I have to make little ramps because it sets up so high on the Silkie pen side.

9332_i_didnt_pic_the_color.jpg

It has a window on each side and I plan to put 4 coops and a single pen inside. I figured a single small pen in the corner would do well for injured chickens. Sick chickens will be no where near the flocks.
It measures 12x16 and I hope to put a little deck in front of the door so I can sit out and enjoy a lap full of love from Cochins or Silkies.
This is the view right now..........

9332_back_40.jpg

I know this isn't my usual tractor but I wanted something permanent for my cuddle chickens.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom