I'm not a wyandotte...am I a gamebird?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by possumhunter, Jun 17, 2010.

1. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

I have a GLW with a straight comb, it happens with hatchery quality birds. She does have some lacing like you would see on a GLW, but also has some odd markings. She's the right color. Could be a very, very poor quality GLW.

I'm not seeing EE or BSL.

2. solarquail

solarquail Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    someone could have brought a mixed chick in and then stole a chick.

3. Akane

Akane Crowing

Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. anniem

anniem Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    What did it look like as a chick? I was thinking BSL, like someone else said. That's not quite the pattern that one of mine has but the amount of brown and everything else looks similar. They are solid babies, the GLW are kind of mottled.
    The coloring looks EE, but usually you get the poofy cheeks and greenish legs (I know they are mutts and can be anything basically but most EEs have those characteristics).

5. possumhunter

possumhunter Songster

Jan 6, 2010
    Quote:I don't remember exactly, since this is my parent's bird, but I don't remember it looking much different from the other 2 wyandottes that they purchased. I will see if I can get a better picture of it and post it later. When it starts laying, maybe I will have a better idea of what breed it is. What color eggs do Wyandottes lay?

Thanks!

6. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    almost looks like my phoenix

7. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Songster

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: