"I'm not an attorney, but I play one on a message board"

I would think questioning legal advice from a message board would be a good idea (and obvious). People always need to decide what advice to take and which to ignore while considering the source. I do not see the legal advice that people have posted on the board (in general, I have not read it all) as being out of line or even any different from veterinary advice, building advice, or even nutritional advice.

I'm also just not seeing someone retaining a lawyer for several hundred dollars (or more) over things like zoning or city ordinances. Have you tried to retain a lawyer over a chicken related incident? - I haven't but I would wish you luck! -I have for a much more important purpose, and when you find one who has the time to call you back they still might not do you the favor of taking your money for simple matters - it will not be worth their time.

Some people have problems with their *chickens* that may involve legal matters, I don't think that they should hesitate to ask members of the forum for their experience or opinion and I don't think members should hesitate to give it. This is a discussion forum - it would be fairly boring if the only acceptable answer to every question/concern was: "you need to get a lawyer" or "you need to see a vet" or "you need a contractor" etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
Hey! i'm contacting my lawyer..that was MY line..
smack.gif
.....ooh sorry..can we smack the mods?...
hide.gif

Only Greyfields.

Quote:
Hey! i'm contacting my lawyer..that was MY line..
smack.gif
.....ooh sorry..can we smack the mods?...
hide.gif

Only Greyfields.

thumbsup.gif
..thanks, i'll have to keep that in mind Terrie...
tongue.png

Quote:
Debi, it was a horrible aberration, probably caused by sunspots or an errant meteor.
Won't happen again.

Yeah well I'm taking the initiative and questioning the OP's advice. I'm going right out and shooting everything I see that I don't own.

Back
Top Bottom