Im not crazy but ive lost my mind

Neighbors came to visit this morning and my interloper
Wow, just WOW! That last hen looks exactly like our quasi-feral hens. Very wheaten-like and called black-tail buff. Ours have looked like that for as long as anybody here can remember. At least 90 years as far as I can determine. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of gamefowl in their background. Is her rooster a black-breasted red??

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your sanity issue. I'm just trying to understand how they developed and thrive like ours do, but four thousand miles away.

I think they are a game bird. Ummm, many years ago (30-40) they residents of rhis area were known for cockfighting. That generation and sport(?) Has died out in this area. I believe these birds are descendants. I have managed to catch 2 more and add to my flock. I now have 3 feral (as I call them).

Wow, just WOW! That last hen looks exactly like our quasi-feral hens. Very wheaten-like and called black-tail buff. Ours have looked like that for as long as anybody here can remember. At least 90 years as far as I can determine. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of gamefowl in their background. Is her rooster a black-breasted red??

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your sanity issue. I'm just trying to understand how they developed and thrive like ours do, but four thousand miles away.
Sanity? I have chickens so I'm the crazy chicken lady.
Seriously, I added a bird without knowing it, and didn't see/notice her for 4 days. My head oops, was worse than I thought.
Conked myself in the head with fishing weight, while trying to get fishing line unstuck. A month later, I still have a knot and something moves if I rub knot. Chipped bone maybe? I'm fine it doesn't hurt and haven't been fishing lately

I managed to catch 2 more feral. 1 still running free-skittish-i can't seem to catch her
16637026944375359175971269788652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom