I'm not zoned for chickens! help UPDATE VARIANCE COST?! MORE CHARGES!!

Quote:
nope i had never posted. i can't believe that people would harass you for things like that. i feel for you very much.

well update i contacted my officer and she says she doesn't know anything about the notice and she says she's in charge of our case and we wont be getting charged unless she cites us. she says its probably one of those automatic notices that go out as the complaints come in which probably means that we have already gotten more than 3 complaints since i looked up the system. i know who's complaining too my next door neighbor is the only person that can see that we have chickens. sigh.. i'm assuming my crowing coturnix roos were too loud.

anyways she says since we can have four hens for now as long as i can move the coop. i'm in the process of moving the coop but my tests are coming up and i've asked her for a 2 week extension on the 30 days and she granted it so she's being helpful in that sense.

i'm going to retry applying for a variance this time with higher up to keep more chickens but i can't keep all the ones i have right now i know that. how much should i sell hatchery quality 3 month old pullets for? these are all good egg laying breeds like rhode island reds, black australop, sex links, and barred rocks. and a very sweet and pretty grey japanese bantam cockerel. i already have one house rooster and i think i can't put another house rooster....

sigh..
thanks for everyone's help though i will keep updating and see how it'll go. supposedly i turn into eastvale officially in october does anyone know what happens to my laws then? do they change again?

Quote:
What is the jurisdiction of the officer who cited you? Until you are actually Eastvale, their ordinances do not apply, nor does their zoning. Whoever currently has jurisdicton controls your zoning and ordinances. Once annexation is final, then Eastvale ordinances will apply. However, any non-conforming issues that were allowed before annexation should still be allowed (grandfathered) until you abandon the use, property changes hands or other provisions of Eastvale ordinances.

Quote:
What is the jurisdiction of the officer who cited you? Until you are actually Eastvale, their ordinances do not apply, nor does their zoning. Whoever currently has jurisdicton controls your zoning and ordinances. Once annexation is final, then Eastvale ordinances will apply. However, any non-conforming issues that were allowed before annexation should still be allowed (grandfathered) until you abandon the use, property changes hands or other provisions of Eastvale ordinances.

the officer is from riverside county. since i'm still unincorporated. i'm glad that means i dont have to go through this again when eastvale become incorporated city. thank you for the information

Can you please PM me whereabouts in eastvale you are. We just received a notice on our mailbox regarding our chickens. Maybe we can help eachother out? I have no doubt, we'll receive a formal notice soon. ::sigh::

Hi, I was wondering what part of the ADA you used to get the variance for chickens for your child with a disability. I am currently working on a case for a boy to be able to get a variance for chickens because they are so therapeutic for him. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

when are we going to stand up and fight for our rights to do what we want on our own property. they cant arrest us all, the jails are not big enought.. and remember they work for us not for themselves.. i would tell them your not moving your chickens and if the neighbor does not like it they can move. because if they had a school in that area they did not like you think they going to make that school relocate.. i say FIGHT, because if you let them do it now whats next

I know this thread is old but are there updates ? I just moved to eastvale in July. I am wanting to have a few chickens only 3 at the most. I have .86 acre lot and there are only 3 houses that face the street. I have more than 50ft from our neighbors around my house. This includes all sides of my yard. I plan to find a breed of chicken that friendly that is quite. There is another house down the street that faces the street I live on and they have a flipping horse.

I am researching if I can keep chickens. It is very confusing. Our parks and rec are under Jurupa Valley, Mira loma is just 1.6 miles away. I have been driving through the neighborhoods and see chickens running the streets and horses every were. I am just at the border of Norco and Norco is Horsetown USA.

Back
Top Bottom