I'm now a member of the "Dead on Arrival" club :(

I know when I ordered my first batch of chickens I called the post office to see if I should notify them and she told me that a lot of people do not call in advance to give them their names and phone number,and they have a hard time tracking people down.They usually call a little after 6:30 every time! MM does seem to stand behind what they sell and ship.Good Luck!

Thank you so much for all the TLC. It means a lot. About the post office, I've gotten 3 orders previous to this one and all arrived on Fri. so I thought this order would too. So, I left the house, not even thinking they'd be in, about 8:25. They called twice but I'd already left. It was 11:00 when I just happened to pass by the post office and decided to run in and see, just in case. So, they did call. But I don't think I got them extremely late and I'm sure they were already gone.
sad.png

P.S. 3 of the remaining 8 died last night.

Last edited:
A few hours shouldn't make a difference that drastic. When my order came in it was at 8am Tuesday morning, and it was a rainy day. My car didn't start when it rained, so I had to wait for my hubby to get home, which wasn't till 5pm. He picked them up at 4:45pm (left work a little early) and they were all still hopping and running around. Three hours shouldn't kill off 90% of your birds! Call MM ASAP and let them know!

My very first order ever arrived a day late and on my birthday...All of my order was DOA except one and 9 packing peanuts...Awful birthday surprise. But Ideal sent out a replacement order the very next week and all were alive and kicking, plus 9 more packing peanuts.

Ellen you must have been devastated when you opened that box... :aww
Don't stress over those couple hours...call MM and report the DOA (and also your complaint with fedex > MM can save those complaints and send them on to fedex with a complaint)

Back
Top Bottom