I'm now a member of the "Dead on Arrival" club :(

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
Was expecting an order of 25 assorted bantam chicks to arrive tomorrow because, for the past two years, they always were shipped out on a Wed. and arrived Fri. However, I stopped by the post office on my way to a meeting just to see if, maybe, they had arrived early and they had, much to my shock. About 20 were dead, I think 5 might make it and 3 are hanging on by a thread.
sad.png
( I've always read of others on here who have had to deal with this; now it's my turn. Dang!! They were shipped from MM and it looks as though they got too cold en route. Anyway to know for sure? This really sucks!

so sorry to hear this.
sad.png

wait 24 hours and then let MM know. they will credit you for all losses, not that it 'makes up' for it, but at least you could try again.

again, sorry for your losses.

Sorry to hear that.
sad.png

We had that happen when we ordered from McMurray early last year. 20 out of 30 were dead on arrival and 3 died shortly after, they replaced the entire order though.

We also had an entire box of ducklings from MM that had been slammed in an airplane door by FedEx, killing all but 3 of them. I was shocked as it wasn't their fault, but they replaced those too!

Oh , I'm sorry. Darn. Good luck with the rest. If you pay for 5 will they ship out a second group of 25 for replacements?

Let us know when you can about the few that made it, what breeds etc. I'm kind of curious if they were hardier breed chicks, or just lucky.

Quote:
That is so sad! Poor little duckies! MM is pretty good with their customer service as long as you talk to one of the more knowledgeable people. I ordered from them in May, and my chicks were shipped monday and I got them on Tuesday! So sad to hear about your chicks, let us know if they replace them for you!

Quote:
That is so sad! Poor little duckies!

It was very sad! FedEx never even filed a report or did anything, they finished getting the crushed bloody box to our post office, and they thought they were done with it! They never got back to us after we called them at least 10 times concerning the problem. So uncaring. :mad:

Man that stinks, I received mine from Mcmurrey @6:30 this morningand all 28 of them are doing great. I would contact them and let them know what happened, as everyone else has stated them do seem to be a reputible outfit and will more than likely stand by your order. If not let us know and maybe we all can hound them with emails, that would straighten them out.

Back
Top Bottom