I'm officially nuts

Lol. It's my kid that is nuts. He does the cold water training. He's an open water swimmer. (With the risk of blowing my identity... but let's be real... I don't think most of your are creepers in their parent's basements)...my son (C&B "daddy") just turned 12 and has two world records in open water. Remember the kid that swam to and from Alcatraz when he was 9 a little over 2 years ago? That's "Daddy"
I am flattened! :bow
I mean there's a reason why a maximum prison was built on Alcatraz island, the water is really cold and the currents are strong. And yet your son made it to the island and back! WOW! WOW! WOW! You must have some seals in the family tree! ;)
Now don't show this web-site to your son!

Ha. Thanks. He's why we are always doing crazy things with our ducks. Unfortunately C&B turned out to be horrible training partners. They're not fond of water that isn't clear and warm so my kid is on his own in that department. But bringing them along to camp during training is a blast. We go to the lake and bring our own ducks!
What does Fish & Wildlife says about that? I know in CA many laws and regulations are much stricter than elsewhere.

What does Fish & Wildlife says about that? I know in CA many laws and regulations are much stricter than elsewhere.

Where my son trains is a small reservoir and they don't say anything. They pretty much let him do as we want. We camp there often and train there daily. We know all the workers and they love our quirky habits. In fact, they find it funny.

I mean there's a reason why a maximum prison was built on Alcatraz island, the water is really cold and the currents are strong. And yet your son made it to the island and back! WOW! WOW! WOW! You must have some seals in the family tree! ;)

He knows that website like the back of his hand and if there wasn't an age limit, he would have already made an attempt. Until he is old enough, he's just working on conquering Lake Tahoe (3 crossings, 10.5 miles, 12 miles, and 21 miles). The plan is to start those in the spring and have the Triple Crown completed by fall. He started his Alcatraz crossings at 8 years old and had made 6 so far. Theyre easy for him so he only does one or two a year for fun.

And none of us are swimmers. I half drown in the bathtub.
Oops.... for a second there I thought you were gonna say that you took the ducks with you to swim practice. Now that would be justa little nuts! :D

Nah, I think the school would have an issue with duck poop in the pool. And he would never get his work out done because he would be playing with them too much

He knows that website like the back of his hand and if there wasn't an age limit, he would have already made an attempt. Until he is old enough, he's just working on conquering Lake Tahoe (3 crossings, 10.5 miles, 12 miles, and 21 miles). The plan is to start those in the spring and have the Triple Crown completed by fall. He started his Alcatraz crossings at 8 years old and had made 6 so far. Theyre easy for him so he only does one or two a year for fun.

Nah, I think the school would have an issue with duck poop in the pool. And he would never get his work out done because he would be playing with them too much
I love swimming and snorkeling - in warm water, when the weather is nice and warm.
Just saw there are other challenges here that make a swim across the channel look like a walk in the park: That guy swam across all the Great Lakes (don't show that web-site to your son!)

I love swimming and snorkeling - in warm water, when the weather is nice and warm.
Just saw there are other challenges here that make a swim across the channel look like a walk in the park: That guy swam across all the Great Lakes (don't show that web-site to your son!)
He's got a laundry list of swims he wants to complete, including Oceans 7 and the Olympics. Me, on the other hand, hopes he at least hits puberty first. Lol

He hates cold water, too. That's what I find so ironic about him. I don't do cold water... 84 is like my minimum. But if there is a race to be done, off come the clothes and in he goes.

Told you all we are a family of nuts :)

Back
Top Bottom