I'm on restriction

My husband adds worse than I do. I asked him to go and get 2 and he came back with 5. And he was so proud too. What could I say???
celebrate.gif

He is willing to build them a bigger run when they get older!

deb

I totally understand. I went from living in an apartment with one cat, to now living on a farm with 7 llamas, 3 goats, 3 dogs, SEVEN cats, and now 9 chickens. And they're all pets!!!
th.gif

I understand the animal addiction!

Melissa

I have four chicks due to go outside full time this coming weekend. They're fully feathered, and will be 8 wks old.

Needed more grower/finisher feed. Yes, I knew I'd look into the bins of chicks - how can one not? But the brooder will be put away the Memorial Day weekend, and the bathroom "nursery" all cleaned up. Doot de doot. Look at the ducklings; no Cayugas, I'm safe. Look in the "Amereaucana" pullet bin 'cause their cheeks are so cute. Uh oh - there's a white one.

It was JUST last Friday I read and posted about discovering how much I wanted a white EE, after all. And this one in the bin had a few feathers already, so it was about a week old, not 2 or 3 days old.

Okay, now I need another white chicken, because if I'm going to go against my former "no white chickens rule" it will need a buddy or it WILL stick out of the flock. Ahhh, a week old Delaware chick over here!

Aren't my two Silver Sebright chicks good looking? Let me look at what's in that straight run bin now... wow, there's one that is at least 3 weeks old! Have to rescue that poor chick nobody bought. Ooooh - now there are Golden Sebrights in there tooo! Okay, one of those.

So now I have FOUR MORE CHICKS in the brooder, and these need the heat lamp!
barnie.gif

Somebody PLEASE put me on restriction too!!!

(Psssst... they're really cute.)

I have found a loophole folks!! I was looking through craigslist, as I will do from time to time, and lo and behold a family living in a subdivision has chickens they got at Easter for a party, and now must get rid of.....FREE, as in GRATIS and RIR HENS no less. Now HOW can my beloved bride say no to FREE chickens I ask you?

Dh came home for lunch and got a kick out of you posts, and said March 2011 is not that far away,
hit.gif
oh well as of now we nick named our coop "The Winchester Coop" Remember the house in Ca. that the widow had the carpenters hammering 24/7 to keep the evil spirits away, well we have NO evil spirits but the hammering continues.
wee.gif
isn't this FUN ???

Quote:
LOL. I can see it now with stairways that lead nowhere, doors that open onto walls and a special seance room that you can consult the spirit world to see how many more chicks you can get.

I relate so much! I started out with 4 barred rocks, and then even stopped one addiction for another I made a deal to stop smoking if I could have more chicks so far I am up to 7 chicks 2 ducks and now 2 goats , 1 goat was my 19 year wedding anniversary gift and the other I bought for my self.
Now I got ideas........every holiday chicks hehe every bday, every anniversary, every special day chicks chicks chicks ........hey for 12.00 for 4 chicks each holiday or when I feel a urge to smoke I can have 2 chicks, I may well have a large flock before its all over with...........

And I did stop smoking by the way cause this addiction is soooooooo much better than the other one
smile.png

Good luck!!

I LOVES ME MY GLW DOT - Go get one! It is just one right - well she'll need a friend so maybe two or three.....and then......

I am not helping am I
roll.png

34919_chickenssept09_024.jpg
[/img]

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom