I'm probably crazy but I'm going to try hatching a egg with my body heat. Hatch-Along

Pics
What day is this?

If you have previous experience with hatching eggs, think about what day you usually candle and see veins, and continue for that long plus one more day to be sure.

If you don't have experience hatching eggs, I would continue until at least day 5 and maybe day 7 before giving up on the egg.

Your body heat is probably a little below normal incubator temperature, which could make the egg develop more slowly. And some eggs just show visible veins earlier than some other eggs-- it can differ by how bright your candling light is, how thick the shell is, how dark the shell is, how good your eyesight is, and probably other factors as well.

Of course it's your choice because it's your egg-- but if you crack it open, you can be sure that egg will never hatch!
I hatch eggs multiple times before and been able to see veins on day three even on darker eggs, It is day four.

These aren't shipped eggs, this egg is from one of my hens.
I thought @gimmie birdies meant that being carried around on you might have the same effect that shipping does: the egg gets moved around a lot more than it would under a hen or in an incubator. That might lower the hatch rate for this method, just like it lowers the hatch rate for shipped eggs.

Too late now anyway, its already been 36 hours.
I'll be watching to see how this egg does!

I thought @gimmie birdies meant that being carried around on you might have the same effect that shipping does: the egg gets moved around a lot more than it would under a hen or in an incubator. That might lower the hatch rate for this method, just like it lowers the hatch rate for shipped eggs.

I'll be watching to see how this egg does!
Oh, I misunderstood and thought that they meant that I was using shipped eggs. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom