Im really worried

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by moodlymoo, Dec 23, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I have a 3-4 mo old lil cochin frizzle. A few days ago she started having clear nasal discharge and sneezing. Then yesterday she didnt want to get up and eat the scratch I threw down. So I pulled her in the house and put her on duramyician-10 (sp) she isnt wanting to eat much and she is making this gaging action but her breathing is clear sounding. She has normal poo also. I put 2t in a quart of water. I hope I am doing everything right. I feel so bad for her right now. Should I be doing anything else to help her get better?

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Antibiotics in her water. She might have a cold so go to your local Farm and Home, etc.

3. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    <3ChickenForever :

Antibiotics in her water. She might have a cold so go to your local Farm and Home, etc.

Tylan 50 injections in the breast muscle (HER left side, opposite from crop side) would be a lot more effective. For a girl her size I'd go with 1/4 cc once a day for 3-5 days. I usually go 5 days to be on the safe side. If you just can't bring yourself to do the breast muscle you could use her leg muscle. They hold unbelievably still for either injection site.​

4. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Thank you. She is not getting better but not any worse. She was sneezing all night [​IMG] If I see no improvement by monday Im moving to tylan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by